Over time Dentures can become more brittle and weak due to the acrylic being exposed to bacteria and the strong forces required for chewing food.
Denture teeth do wear down over time and this can have dramatic effects for long term health of the jaw relationship.
Some questions to ask yourself?
- Do you notice a bad smell or taste to the dentures?
- Do you see a black outline around the teeth?
- Are the teeth chipped or clearly warn?
- Does the denture stay in place?
- Do the molars (back teeth), look like teeth? or are they smooth and warn down?
If you answered yes to any of these questions it doesn’t necessarily mean that your dentures need to be replaced but it is absolutely considered a “red flag” and you should consider coming in for a free consultation to see what we can do to help make your life more comfortable.